Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Pulled in all Directions

Quick Post to let you know that right now I am feeling pulled in all directions. Work, wife, church, all is extremely stressful right now and I am sorry that I haven't posted. I have been thinking about it but I don't have much to offer right now as I am just trying to keep my head above water.

I successfully prevented a panic attack on Sunday by breathing deeply and writing down positive affirmations and some mistaken beliefs- ex I asked myself, "Whats the worst thing that could happen? How would I handle that? Is it really all that awful?" and I also took some clonozepam. It was really helpful.

I promise to post something useful soon, hopefully today.

Here is an interesting article from Healthcentral.com about replicating the out of body experience you feel when having a panic attack.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to The Reality of Anxiety or Add it to Your Technorati Favorites.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great you avoided a panic attack! And I hear ya about being busy and pulled in lots of directions. Why does everything have to happen at the same time? Ugh.

Barry Gordon said...

Congrats! I still think this might work wonders for you...it did for me!
www.unpanic.com

john said...

Try and actually have a panic attack. that way you will realise that they wont harm you. Sometimes its the fear of a panic attack itself that can triger them. If you let yourself panic you will eventually not be so scared of them, and therefore get fewer of them. I know its easier said than done, but give it a try. its about faceing fear. take a look at my blog and what I did on day 9. I faced my fear and found out it was nothing to have been afraid of. good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...