Thursday, July 26, 2007

Wondering if You Have Anxiety?- Assess Your Stress

photo by In The Sun Studio
Some of the new visitors to the blog may be wondering if you have anxiety or not. It took me YEARS to figure out that I had anxiety and panic attacks. Sometimes its hard to understand what is happening to you. Many people wander into ER's all the time with potential heart attacks or thinking that they are dying only to find out that they were having a panic attack. So its important to find out why your body is doing something that has you concerned.

I found a stress test on Webmd that can help you evaluate if you have a high level of stress or not. It also has an article about managing your anxiety which I think is pretty interesting. It lists some symptoms to help you know if you should seek help or not as well as how to cope with your symptoms. Here is a small excerpt:

"When anxiety is taking a toll, your body knows it. You have trouble sleeping, eating, and concentrating. You get headaches; your stomach is upset. You might even have a panic attack -- the pounding heart, a feeling of lightheadedness.

Anxiety may also feel like depression. "The two sometimes overlap," Ross says.

When anxiety becomes so overwhelming that it interferes with day-to-day activities -- when it keeps you from going places, from doing things you need to do -- that's when you need help, says Ross."

I hope everyone can rule one more thing out or finally find some answers.


If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to The Reality of Anxiety

5 comments:

ShamWOW! said...

haha...

I got "30-40 points
Stress is starting to affect your health in a negative way. Talk to your health care provider about ways to bring stress under control.", even though I'm medicated and feel like I manage stress pretty well.

Aimée said...

Hey D,
I got the same category that you did. But I haven't been doin so hot lately and I think I need to readjust some things again.

Unknown said...

I love this picture Aimee- just wait till you see the altered book! It is not done yet because I got asked to present at a five stake seminary conference, and it is major stress time for me!!! I do a little as often as I can tho. I am dying for the next book to come out so I can see what i do next!

Aimée said...

I can't wait, the book comes out next week! I have been holding on to a borders gift card specifically for it- for those that are wondering what we are talking about its the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. Twilight, New Moon, and now her third book, Eclipse comes out in 5 more days. We are obsessed with them.

Anonymous said...

"40-50 points
You are at risk for stress-related illnesses. It's time to take action. See your doctor." (ouch) Ok, so I'm sick...er than I thought. and the last paragraph in the excerpt on managing your anxiety tells me I need help. Problem is, If I go see my md, I have to drive half an hour to get to the MALL where the office is, wait in the crowded waiting area (shared by about 20 doctors) hoping not to be seen by anyone I know, often for over an hour, because my GP is one of the only doctors in my town (other than OB/GYN) that delivers babies, so she may be called to the hospital any time of any day, tell the assistant the reason for my visit (and now they share assistants so it's not the same one all the time that I was used to)...plus to get an appointment I have to PHONE Ugh Well, I used the phone more than twice yesterday, so I guess I'll have to take a deep breath and make the calls today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...