Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Q&A Time

photo by Emdashes.com
Alright I am stealing this idea from Debaser’s blog My Brain: My Friend, My Enemy, but I can’t help it. I think its such a cool idea. At least I am giving credit where credit’s due. What I do is respond to all the search queries that people entered into their favorite search engine that led them to my blog. This way I can answer any questions people might have in case they couldn’t find it on the blog. It’s amazing to me that you can even see this kind of info and it’s always cool to see what others are wondering about. So here goes my first attempt. In the last week here are the following queries:

“morning anxiety”- sucks doesn’t it? I have a post that describes my morning anxiety as well as some suggestions for how to get over it that you might want to look at.

“rude to tell someone too thin”- whoever this person is I agree whole heartedly with them. I’ve said it before in my post "My Story" and "Absolutely Unapologetically Thin" that people think they are giving you a compliment because most people are trying to lose weight but really you are just telling someone there is something wrong with them and they are not good enough the way they are. They are not “normal”. Whether we realize it or not that can have effect on our overall self esteem and feeling of self worth if we start to believe them.

“anxiety and not hungry”- I think a lot of stress and anxiety result in symptoms showing themselves in our digestive track. When I get anxious I get nauseous. I’ve heard other people refer to “stomach attacks” for their anxiety attacks. The last thing I want to do when I am feeling anxious is eat. So you are not alone.

“clonozapam”- best drug on the planet, it saved my sanity.

“how to stop victim thinking”- again I have a post that explains a way to stop thinking of yourself as a victim and how to become master of your mind. It’s all about how to stop your negative thinking and reprogram your brain.

“I suffer with waking anxiety that goes away by noon”- I think this person like many of us suffers from morning anxiety and would benefit from reading the post I mentioned earlier that has suggestions of how to overcome the anxiety that you start your day with.

“I wish I could push myself more”- This person probably didn’t find what they were looking for since one of my affirmations is: There’s no need to push myself. Otherwise I put too much pressure on myself which causes anxiety because I feel like I have to be perfect.

So that’s it for this week of searches. I hope you find this as interesting as I do!

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to The Reality of Anxiety

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aimee,

I was doing good in the last two days and I thought I was back to my old self (been anxious for 2 weeks in reaction to a fight with my SO). And he calls me to ask me to fix dinner, and it triggered an anxiety-panic attack. So I took a Clonazepam. I wanted to know, how often do you take them? I have 3 left and no refill, and I don't want to risk becoming an addict by asking my doctor for more.

Aimée said...

Hi Hélène,

Here is how I deal with Clonozepam. I only take it when I need it. I don't take it everyday but only when I am feeling extremely anxious and I feel like I need the extra help. If you want a daily pill to ease the overall anxiety in your life, I use Zoloft or another kind, for me it works great for my social anxiety. If you only have three pills left and you suffer from anxiety often, I would consider going to the doctor for a refill. If you are worried about becoming addicted, than don't take it every day, and try to stay on the lowest dose possible that still calms your nerves. I was once in your situation where I only had 11 pills for a 14 day trip and I had extreme anxiety the whole time. I rationed out my pills to half in the morning, half at night. The problem was at that time, half a pill wasn't enough and I would end up wasting them. Most of the time however, half of a .5MG tablet will work to calm my nerves, and a full one if I am extremely nervous. Its important to experiment with the different doses and amounts that you take to figure out which works best for you. I think the risk of getting addicted isn't as high as the risk of you running out of it and needing it for a panic attack. I would talk to your doctor about his/her concerns and he or she will also be able to work with you on what might work best for you. Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I totally agree with not pushing one's self! Who came up with that anyway? Okay maybe those people who are Anal Retentive and just go go go. Well, I have pushed myself way too hard in the past and it only causes me anxiety. Now, I'm just going along being happy and not pushing. I even LEFT something recently that was causing me anxiety, to take care of myself. Woo Hoo.

ShamWOW! said...

Hm. Do I get a royalty for this?

Aimée said...

lol. Well if you start captioning your pictures than we can call it even. See me trying to be assertive? :)

Aimée said...

lol. Well if you start captioning your pictures than we can call it even. See me trying to be assertive? :)

ShamWOW! said...

Well, I'm not captioning my photos. Maybe I'll start and THEN we'll be even. But for now you've ripped me off before I've had a chance to rip you off, and that's not fair!

By the way, I just put up my weekly Q/A.

Aimée said...

I won't do it anymore if you feel I am ripping you off. I did put a link to your blog and gave you credit so I thought it would be ok. But if you're upset about it then let me know and I will remove it.

ShamWOW! said...

Nah, I'm kidding.

Aimée said...

Ok I am glad. Sometimes its hard to tell with just text the emotions that are behind them. Sarcasm, anger, joking, it can all be easily misread. I would much rather take the stand of making sure you were joking than assuming you were :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...