Thursday, December 27, 2012

New Year's Resolutions: 2013- My Year




I am a big believer in setting goals. I have always done New Year's Resolutions because even if I don't accomplish them all, I feel it helps me stay focused throughout the year on whats important. The last few of my goals this year deal with my anxiety. I made this scrapbook page and printed it out so I can hang it up in my office and I also made it my computer desktop wallpaper so I will see it everyday as a reminder of what I should be doing and focusing my time on.

#7. Baby #3?!?- Although I am much better anxiety wise while I am pregnant and nursing, both times I have had to deliver a baby my experience has been pretty traumatic for me. I want to have one more child for our family to be complete but I am terrified of going through that again. I don't want the age gap to be too big so if I am going to have another baby, this it the year to do it. This terrifies me. I'm excited for my mental state being better, but not wanting to be pregnant again or dealing with a newborn.

#8. Discipline Yourself to Add More BALANCE to your Daily Routine- I tend to be an all or nothing kinda gal. If I get immersed in a project, I can spend hours on it and neglect other more important tasks. I want to be better disciplined about my time. Allow certain times for projects and fun stuff, and make myself stop to do other non fun but important tasks such as cleaning, oh yeah, getting dressed, and exercise.

#9. Make Health an Important Priority- There are so many things I could do to improve my mental health but I am just too lazy. I need to make it a priority and take my multivitamins, drink my water, do my yoga, adjust my diet. These are no brainers but for some reason I never do it. Again, I need to not be so lazy!!!

#10. Travel Abroad- We have been planning to celebrate our 10 year anniversary as well as my 30th birthday by cashing in some sky miles and taking a trip far away. Like Thailand far away. This is exciting but also very scary for me. I have a lot of anxiety about traveling and have spent many a vacation sick the whole time throwing up on the side of the road. I know its important to face these fears and so even though its scary I plan to follow through and go. 

What are some of your New Year's Resolutions for your anxiety?




28 comments:

Wendy Lady said...

The travel one is also on my list. I'm not sure I'm up to going abroad yet, but I definitely would love to go somewhere a little farther away, like New York. That would be wonderful! These are awesome goals Aimee, and if anyone can accomplish them, you can!

yo-yo said...

I like the creative way you have displayed your resolutions. Good luck with it all!

Ruby Tuesday said...

I love this!

I don't usually make resolutions but this year I think I will make one or two

Number one is to go back to my support group. I can't do this alone, I've tried and it doesn't work

Number two is to really engage in therapy and actually use the techniques I am taught

Best of luck with your resolutions x

Alissa said...

Hi Aimee,

Your 2013 goals sound great, and I love how you laid them out. May I ask what program you used to create the image? It's beautiful! I'm turning 30 in 2013 as well. One of the big things on my goal list for 2013 is to work on my anxiety around being pregnant and having a child. I'm hoping to spend some time this coming weekend to create a visual image of my goals as well. Great idea!

Wishing you the best in the new year,
Alissa

Alissa said...

Also, I stumbled across a book recently that you may enjoy with regards to labor. It's called Mindful Birthing by Nancy Bardacke.

Aimée said...

Thanks everyone! Alissa, I use photoshop to create the page, along with various scrapbook elements I purchase online. Here is a link to the original one I used as inspiration where it posts links to all the materials used: http://www.myscrapbookart.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=465832&cat=all&limit=last7

Enjoy!

anxiousdays said...

Thanks for you valuable information. I want to know more about anxiety loss. I have read this post recently. This was very helpful.

If you want visit here.

Elisabelle said...

Great goals! Good luck :)

My resolutions: elisabelles.blogspot.com/2013/01/2013.html

kkl23 said...

These are great goals!! I have set some up myself and so far they are working great :) I am also an anxious traveler and living in Italy does not help. But once we get to our destination, I LOVE IT!! We lived in UT for awhile and my anxiety has rough there. But UT is also where I started therapy and it changed my life. Sometimes I miss UT....only sometimes!!

Italy is so beautiful, you should consider a visit ;) Best of luck on your resolutions.

Follow me at: anxiousafwife.blogspot.com

We are about to take another trip and I will be sure to blog about the anxiety!

Heather said...

I like you resolutions for 2013. This year I decided not to write mine down and just go with the flow. I am hoping to get out more and not let anxisty hold me back :)

Unknown said...

Nothing works better for me than the one move technique, if you have never heard of it check out the panic away program
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbAdaUsN-mQ

Unknown said...

Good Luck with the Goals!

Are you really being lazy or are you just either avoiding the activity or paying attention to another person's need? I mentally beat myself up a lot for not meeting my goals exactly to the letter. As an "all or nothing" person, I overlook the degrees of accomplishment towards my goal (mental health, finishing my education, physical health, etc) and throw myself into an ever increasing state of anxiety. I just share this as a cautionary note.

Sincerely,

Chris

TudorCity Girl said...

Glad I just found your blog! This is such a great post and I can totally relate. I am petrified of the childbirth experience, but yet want a baby soon! New Year's Resolutions for my anxiety- to really work on kicking my fears this year. After all, most of our fears never become a reality. (thankfully).

Great post!

tyler said...

Making health a priority is great advice, and can play a big role in your overall mental and physical well being.

Emotionfocused said...

Process-Experiential Emotion Focused Therapy (PEEFT) or more commonly referred to as Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT) integrates experiential perspectives, cognitive science, existential thought and contemporary emotion theory. It develops emotional intelligence, integrates experience and offers restructuring and transformation.

Cynthia said...

I used to suffer from Migrains for years , i ran from doctor to doctor until i found a new easy relief patch.

There is a product called Accupresh (just google it) and it is based on acupuncture remedies and after using it twice, I am a new person. I don’t work for them (lol) and am not affiliated with them, I just feel the need to share it with other people so they can get the help they are looking forward.

It is an amazing product an its worth a try, its like a $10 item and after spending thousands on doctors this little item worked much better

good luck to all you sufferers!

Emmber said...

That is a really lovely way to display your resolutions. Best of luck with getting or being pregnant.

Unknown said...

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong with my out of control anxiety: I never set myself any goals. Certainly something to think about.

Brian said...

Hope number 7 works out for you this time. Also hoping the partner agrees and share the same goal!

LDS OCD Blogger said...

I like your blog. Anxiety is an issue for me and it's good to see someone getting to grips with thins and sharing. I have OCD and have found writing about it in my blog a cathartic experience at times.

Brian said...

Hope your sticking to and heading towards your goals. They look challenging, but inspiring. Thanks for sharing. Helps motivate me.

Sandra Tigue said...

Making this picture as your wallpaper is a good idea. Every time you see this in your screen, you will be reminded of your goals this year. By doing so, you will keep yourself on track and motivated. Well, we're almost halfway through the year. I hope that you've accomplished some of the things stated here. :')

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Princess Panic said...

You're so right about there always being something else you can do about mental health. I have the same problem with laziness!

Anglo European Clinic said...

Some inspirational and excellent goals. It's good to stay focused and some of the ideas (having the page as your desktop) are brilliant!
We provide information about dealing with anxeity, and our support might help you when you go to Thialand.. check out our site.

Unknown said...

I love your blog and advices! They're so pleasing to read. Thank you! :)

Timbo said...

Planning to reduce anxiety is something most people don't do, but its a great way of feeling better. Some things happen unexpectedly but most things we CAN plan for. I had my second child this year. So its a year to remember for me! cheers

Chantilliscious said...

Look at you, girl! I haven't even thought about my new years resolutions yet! lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...