Tuesday, January 29, 2008

To Take or Not To Take, That is The Question

I've hit my second trimester of pregnancy and BAM! Just like that the anxiety is back. I did really well the last few months going cold turkey off my meds. I expected things to go a lot worse. I gained 5 pounds so far which is really great. Lots of women don't gain anything because they are too sick the first trimester. So I am really proud about that.

These last couple days however, I can't shake this anxious feeling. Its there when I wake up, and comes and goes throughout the day. I have no appetite because I am getting over the flu, and I wonder if that has something to do with it. I have lost a pound or two from the flu and that always feels like a setback. I can't help but wonder if I should get back on my meds now that I am passed the first trimester.

Overall I just don't feel well anymore. My self confidence is down and I am losing faith in myself. I am tired of not feeling well, not having energy, etc. But I guess it all comes with the territory.



If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to The Reality of Anxiety.

4 comments:

Robert said...

Don't do it! Stay off the meds! You have managed to survive the worst period - the weeks just after stopping them. You're only experiencing a temporary bad period. You've got that New Life growing in you, the New Life you've been really wanting! You're about to fulfill your destiny as a woman. Better times are just around the corner. Be proud of yourself - you've achieved much...and there's more to come!

Molly said...

I can not tell you what to do, as I have become the ultimate on again off again meds taker. I hope that whatever you decide you decide it for you and what you know and believe is the best!
Take Care

Molly said...

Hey girlie,
Hope all is well. Email me if you want to chat...off the record :)!
Take Care
mhc

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

I hope to encourage you,I am off Zoloft 2 months now and its a battle to stay off due to panic,but I have to remember that this will pass and getting through it will make me stronger.Try to occupy your mind with journaling to your baby,scrapbooking,doing chores now that you won't have time to when the baby arrives.Anything to keep your mind busy.Hang in their,and I am sorry,I know what a challenge anxiety is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...